Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUM BLOG!

SIMUN was probably one of the most fun filled school activities we have done all year, aside from gym class. I loved how we were pretty much on our own, we had to stand up for our own country and try to find allies on our own. Yes, we had mentors to help us with questions and thoughts but we had to say everything ourselves. My country, Venezuela, seemed to have nothing to do with the problem/scenario, but after a little more depth with my allies I was one of the main people in it. I liked how we were all with each other but against each other at the same time, we didn’t agree on some terms with people but had the same views on others. Some of us enjoyed how we were able to correct people and “shoot them down” to look good and get a good grade.



Specifically me, I mainly tried to defend my allies because in every scenario they were the villains. And as an ally I had to say anything to defend, even if it meant being the bad guy. I liked and enjoyed how we were allowed to kind of put others down and say things that we normally would say, and especially correct them (for me, I would never correct people with what they believe). The biggest advantage to it was preparing before it all started, Mrs. Berjeski had us do a lot do a lot of research, and in the end it did pay off. In the groups I could tell between who has had done the work and who hasn’t, when we started I already knew the history behind it, my allies, and whose fault it truly was. I also took advantage of the people who didn’t know who they were talking about. In one sad incident I took what the person said, changed the words, turned it around and made them look like a complete idiot. Sure it was mean but it was good, and I proved a point quicker than waiting for my turn on the speakers list.


Next year I would probably try to do even more research and try to talk more, even thought I knew what I was talking about, I still didn’t know who my allies were so I had to be extra careful. Evenually I understood everthing about it and it turned out AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment