Friday, January 15, 2010

Would you rather?

Would you rather be kicked out of your land, killed for it, or both? Personally I would rather just be kicked out.



I would be a native in the United States during colonization rather than in South Africa, Rwanda, or Australia.
During the colonization of the United States, of the 18 hundreds, Native Americans where getting forced to move west, rather than being killed, or just getting kicked out and find your new homes all for yourself. They were just told to move west but with information on how to get there and suggestions on places to settle. Even though they were discriminated they were still allowed to learn to read and write, but they had to learn by themselves while in South Africa and Australia they were arrested if they tried to learn or teach others. And in Rwanda you were killed by the other culture (Hutu) just for being a Tutsi.  Or if you were a Hutu, you would have to kill you neighbor, friends, coworker, and to some extents your family!

Ok, that was just a little overview on where I would rether be, some have advantages and disatvantages to others, but for the place where I wouldn't like to be would be Rwanda, why?  Well first off I dont think I would enjoy killing people that I know or dont know with a Machette that cost my supplier about 10 cents.  The shiping of them was probably more expensive but as I was saying, just the thought of going up to someone, and plainly with not much reson cut off an arm or leg, then leave them to bleed and suffer for a few hours, then go back and take another arm and so on untill we run out of things to take or their die.  And from a differnet point of view would be to be a Tutsi, the people that ruled the Hutus for years and always had a higher standard of living, getting slaughtered by the Hutus.  I personally wouldn't enjoy having no where to run and my neighbor/fiends trying to kill me.  And to make matters worse, the United Nations werent doing anything because they had oreders for the "top" not to fire at enemy at all costs because it might start a all out war and/or a genocide...well first thing is that a few hundred thousand people have died (800 to be exact) and its still not considered genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment